Friday, February 24, 2012

Hello World!

Hello World....



I'm asking myself "Why start a blog?"

Well, first, I find a lot of blogs interesting.  And while I note there is a lot of dotsam and netsam out there, I hope that my blog ends up at least passingly interesting.

If you're wondering where the blog name came from, it's from this scene from Blade Runner (don't watch if you haven't seen the movie because there's spoilers):




I thought "Shore of Orion" was better than "Tears in the Rain," which struck me as a little emo.  I then looked it up, and found out it's the "shoulder of Orion," not "shore."  I decided to keep "shore."

If you like that quote, Blade Runner and techno music, here's something to enjoy in my first post - Vangelis provides a moving soundtrack to "The Tears in the Rain Soliloquy":



No comments:

Post a Comment